We've been cooking with copper for quite a while now and I wanted to share one of my recent vintage finds! Not only is copper the perfect heat conductor, it offers anti-bacterial properties, keeps the digestive system healthy, helps in weight loss and promotes healthy skin. All of our new cooper cookware is from Sertodo Copper, but I love searching for vintage pieces as well! My most recent find was this amazing copper 10” x 15” pan from eBay.
Similar copper baking dish options can be found below:
A simple breakfast casserole is one of our FAVORITE family meals which requires a large baking pan! We've been making this recipe nearly weekly for almost 5 years! As you can see below, we love to use vintage copper to bake with!
- 8 serving package of buttermilk biscuit dough
- 4-6 eggs
- Peppered gravy (we recommend Pioneer Brand)
- 1 lb sausage (we recommend mild Tennessee Pride)
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup milk
- Grease pan and preheat oven to 350
- Brown sausage and drain thoroughly
- Tear biscuit dough into pieces and line the bottom of the pan
- Layer cooked sausage over the biscuit pieces, then layer shredded cheese over sausage
- Whisk eggs and milk, add salt and pepper, then pour over layers
- Make gravy according to instructions and pour over everything
Bake uncovered on 350 for 40-50 minutes or until done. We love making extra gravy and pouring on top to serve! Leftovers are great too!
To make it beforehand, cook and assemble all the ingredients, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. When you are ready to bake, add about 20 minutes to the cooking time. This easy casserole is perfect if you are looking for meal ideas to take a new family or someone in need!
We love cooking with copper and hope this gives you some ideas for using it in your own kitchen!
Be sure to tag us at @maisondemings when you make this recipe! We would love to see and share you! As always, thanks for stopping by the blog.